Helping Your Buyer With Closing Costs
By carefully negotiating an offer, it is possible for you to help a buyer with points and/or closing costs and still arrive at a fair net amount of your sales price.
- Without discount points, some new loans are not possible.
- A discount point is one percent of the buyer’s loan amount.
- Conventional, FHA and VA loan discount points are negotiable.
- Miscellaneous charges are generally under $2,000.
- A 1% transfer fee based on the purchase price is charged to properties within the Breckenridge town limits; this is generally paid for by the buyer, but is negotiable.
- Some lenders will allow these charges to be paid for by the seller.
- Clear and insurable title is generally conveyed in Colorado by a Policy of Title Insurance.
- Title insurance is generally paid for by the seller.